ROUND TABLE DISCUSSION ON FAMILY VIOLENCE
Community leaders, community partners, community members, service provides and religious leaders from all cutlural backgrounds are invited to share and learn ideas to stop family violence.
Date: Wednesday, November 26, 2014
Location: The Centre for Newcomers, 1010, 999-36 Street, NE, Calgary
Please RSVP to Halima at firstname.lastname@example.org or 403-263-9900 by Wednesday, November 19, 2014
TASCC Online Training Program for Service Providers Working with High Risk Youth
Below you will find the breeze presentations from our training program: Talking about Sexuality in Calgary Communities: a Training Program for Service Providers Working with High Risk Youth facilitated by Alberta Health Services, Sexual and Reproductive Health Program in 2011. Visitors to the tascc.ca website are invited to use these presentations to support their professional development and practice.
FOR FUTHER INFORMATION OR TO BOOK A FACE TO FACE WORKSHOP, PLEASE USE THE CONTACT LINK ON THE TOP TOOL BAR.
The objectives of this training program are to increase:
- awareness of the sexual and reproductive health issues high risk youth face.
- comfort discussing sexual and reproductive health issues with youth.
- knowledge regarding reproductive health/anatomy and physiology.
- knowledge regarding early pregnancy awareness.
- knowledge regarding sexually transmitted infections including transmission, signs and symptoms, treatment and prevention.
- knowledge regarding contraceptive methods/pregnancy prevention.
- knowledge regarding male and female condoms.
- knowledge related to sexual diversity.
- knowledge of community sexual health services.
Training Program Itinerary
- Setting the Context: https://breeze.ucalgary.ca/p98937807/
- Anatomy and Physiology: https://breeze.ucalgary.ca/p61058286/
- Pregnancy and Pregnancy Awareness: https://breeze.ucalgary.ca/p90752256/
- Pregnancy Prevention: Contraception: https://breeze.ucalgary.ca/p76329813/
- Promoting Healthy Relationships: https://breeze.ucalgary.ca/p97432924/
- STI and Blood Borne Pathogens: https://breeze.ucalgary.ca/p99173098/
- Sexual Orientation and Identity: https://breeze.ucalgary.ca/p14128399/
- Community Resources: https://breeze.ucalgary.ca/p62458426/
Alberta Health Services Sexual Health Workshops
Alberta Health Services, Sexual and Reproductive Health Education Services offers FREE programming for:
- community groups
- post secondary groups
- other groups
We can customize your program to meet your groups particular interest and need. Most commonly requested program topics are:
- sexual health
- self care
- sexual decision making
- STI and HIV
- relationships and dating
- puberty changes and sexual development
- how to talk to children and youth about sexuality
- sexuality and disability
- sexuality and aging
To book a program or to speak with a Sexual Health Specialist, call:
Family and Community Resource Center
The Family & Community Resource Centre provides a comfortable and supportive environment where families, service providers, and community members can find reliable child health information, receive support, access child health education, and connect with community resources. Free workshops for parents and professionals are offered on a variety of topics.
To learn more about FCRC, see:
For a current calendar of course offerings, see:
The Alberta Society for the Promotion of Sexual Health
ASPSH offers a number of online sexual health workshops annually.
The online workshops utilize a web based technology called Blackboard. The online workshops run over a one to two week time period (including at least one weekend and one business week). The online workshops are designed to provide information, stimulate discussion, and create opportunities for application of skills and knowledge. Fees for the online workshops vary depending on workshop length and ASPSH membership.
Online workshops consist of a series of learning modules which take approximately one hour each to complete. Online workshops usually involve three modules. Each one hour module within the online workshop includes:
- Two Suggested Readings/Articles.
- PowerPoint Slides.
- Two Activity Worksheets.
- Two Discussion Questions.
- Two Additional Resources.
- Workshop Evaluation (after the last module).
To register for an online workshop please contact the Education Coordinator at email@example.com.
For current workshop listings or for more information on ASPSH, see